Dr. Sajjan please enlightens us about food that we can include in our daily diet having Anticancer Properties.
Check List Of Food With Anticancer Properties
Foods that contain naturally occurring compounds that have potent anticancer properties include:
- Broccoli & Cruciferous Vegetables
- Dark Green Leafy Vegetables
- Dry Beans and Peas (Legumes) Flaxseed
- Grapes and Grape Juice
- Squash (Winter)
- Whole Grains
- Vegetables and fruits are relatively low in calories.
- Whole grains and beans are rich in fiber.
- Some research suggests that polyphenols possess anticancer and tumor-fighting properties.
Apple phloretin significantly inhibits the growth of breast cancer cells, while not affecting normal cells.
- Another study demonstrates that the anti-inflammatory effects of blueberries can prevent the growth of breast cancer.
- Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, and kale, contain beneficial nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, and kale, contain beneficial nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese.
- Carrots contain several essential nutrients including vitamin K, vitamin A, and antioxidants. A review of eight studies shows that beta-carotene has links to a reduction in the risk of breast and prostate cancer.
- Fatty fish, including salmon, mackerel, and anchovies, is rich in essential nutrients, such as vitamin B, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Consumption of fish oil later in life has links to significantly lower risk for prostate cancer.
- Walnuts contain a substance called pedunculagin, which the body metabolizes into urolithins. Urolithins are compounds that bind to estrogen receptors and may play a role in preventing breast cancer.
- Legumes, such as beans, peas, and lentils, are high in fiber, which may help lower a person’s risk of developing cancer.
Foods that can increase your cancer risk Anticancer Properties.
Just as there are foods that can reduce your cancer risk, there are foods that can increase it. Make it a point to steer clear of these foods when you go shopping.
- Processed meats like hot dogs, bacon, and any meat you find at the deli counter, have compounds that cause cancer. Even processed meats that say they are “nitrate-free” or “uncured” should be avoided.
- Limit red meat.
- Avoid alcohol.
Also Read: 10 Common Cancer Myths And Misconceptions