What is Bladder Cancer? Bladder cancer is a type of cancer that arises from the cells that line the bladder. These cells can become abnormal and start to grow, leading…
Bladder cancer is a type of cancer that starts in the bladder, which is the organ that stores urine. The most common type of bladder cancer is transitional cell carcinoma, which begins in the cells lining the inside of the bladder. Bladder cancer is more common in men than women, and risk factors include smoking, exposure to certain chemicals, and a history of bladder infections. Treatment options include surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. Bladder Cancer Survival Rates By Age. Best Bladder cancer doctor In Delhi.
The treatment for bladder cancer may vary depending on various factors such as the stage and grade of the cancer, the patient’s overall health, and their preferences. The treatment options for bladder cancer include. best oncology doctor in Delhi.
- Surgery: Surgery is the primary treatment for most cases of bladder cancer. The type of surgery will depend on the stage and location of the tumor. Transurethral resection of the bladder tumor (TURBT) is a common procedure that removes tumors from the bladder lining. In more advanced cases, a radical cystectomy, which involves removing the bladder, prostate, and seminal vesicles in men, or the bladder, uterus, ovaries, and part of the vagina in women, may be necessary.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy uses high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells. It may be used alone or in combination with surgery or chemotherapy.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy uses drugs to kill cancer cells. It may be given before or after surgery, or in combination with radiation therapy.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is a treatment that uses drugs to stimulate the body’s immune system to attack cancer cells.
- Intravesical therapy: Intravesical therapy is a treatment that involves placing drugs directly into the bladder through a catheter. This treatment is used for early-stage bladder cancer or to prevent the cancer from coming back after surgery.